I love the month of July!
Marketers can have a lot of fun with the summer months.
Make sure to read 10 Ideas on How Marketers Can Use Bizarre and Unique Holidays to get your juices flowing on how to use the infographic below.
July, 2014 Bizarre and Unique Holidays
This month in History:
- July 1, 1847- U.S. postage stamps went on sale for the first time.
- July 14, 1867- Alfred Nobel demonstrates dynamite. (They say it was a “blast”)
- July 17 , 1902- The air conditioner was invented.
- July 21, 1873- Jesse James and his gang rob their first train.
- Find more at More this Month
Famous July Birthdays– Find out who shares your birth date
Birthstone of the Month: Ruby
Astrological Signs: Cancer, June 22 – July 22; Leo, July 23 – Aug. 22
The Moon this month is called the Hay Moon, Thunder Moon, Ripe Corn Moon.
July is also:
- National Blueberry Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- Unlucky Month for weddings
- National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- Week 2 Nude Recreation Week
July 2014 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days:
4 Sidewalk Egg Frying Day– Hmmmm, I wonder why!?!
5 Work-a-holics Day – even though everyone is on holiday
6 Build A Scarecrow Day – first Sunday in month
14 Bastille Day
15 Cow Appreciation Day– Go out and give a cow a hug
18 National Caviar Day– something’s fishy here
20 Moon Day
20 National Ice Cream Day (third Sunday of the month)
22 Hammock Day
24 Cousins Day
27 Parent’s Day – fourth Sunday in July
31 Mutt’s Day