First, Google created a new parent company, Alphabet. The rebranding effort continued with a new logo.
On September 1, 2015, Google revealed their new branding.
Google has had 6 logos since 1998.
Rebranding ins’t a bad thing. In fact, it’s an amazing process that aligns your ever changing product offering with your identity.
Here is when you know it’s time for a rebranding:
- Your cousin made your brand…5 years ago!
- Your brand is not iconic and not unique
- Your brand has no story, no why
- You use multiple logos and brands across different platforms
- Your branding doesn’t represent your identity anymore
GET A FRESH START
A bad brand can drag down your business I often see companies commit a critical error at this point: They decide to hang on to the old brand because they say if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. If someone in your organization has commented that it’s time for a rebranding, then it’s time.
Rebranding your business can help you
- Gain competitive advantage because others have to keep up with you
- Stimulate growth because people think you’re growing
- Expand into new verticals of business
- When you innovate, you profit
If you want me to do a brand evaluation, click here: http://www.thecreativecomplex.com/alex15